Filmmaker Michael Moore predicted that Donald Trump would become the 45th president of the United States. Traveling across the country, Moore interviews American citizens to get a sense of the social, economic and political impact of Trump’s victory. Moore also takes an in-depth look at the media, the Electoral College, the government agenda and his hometown of Flint, Mich.
- Michael Moore is a master at manipulation (demagogy) (-1/2)
- I happen to dislike the DCCC just like he does (+1)
- Fairly thin on facts, but makes valid points (+1/2)
- Goes Godwin about halfway through the movie (-1/2)
- Delivers a message of hope in the midst of despair (+1/2)
I’ve seen several of Moore’s movies, and I generally like him, though I recognize he’s a master at manipulating our emotions. This isn’t a documentary as much as a 90-minute long editorial piece, but it’s well crafted and won’t leave you indifferent (unless you love Trump). Still worth seeing if you hate the DCCC or radical Republicans.